Connect to the server #
To do this, click “Connect” in the File menu or in the toolbar. After that, the authorization window will appear:
The following data is specified in the login window:
- Login — manager’s account (login) used to connect to the server. If no such account is created on the server, connection is not possible.
- Password — manager’s password.
- Server — server you are going to connect to. You can select any of the servers previously used in the terminal or specify an address and a port of another server, separated by a colon.
Enable the “Save password” option, and the next time you start the terminal, the last used account will be automatically connected to the server. Option “Keep personal settings and data at startup” in the terminal settings performs the same action.
Upon a successful authentication, the connection indicator will appear in the status bar and two entries will appear in the journal:
- ‘login number’ authorized on ‘server name’;
- ‘login number’ manager synchronized with ‘server name’.
After a successful authorization, you can begin to work with the server. If any problems occur while connecting, and you do not get one of the above messages, check all the connection settings, specified address and port of the server.
Creating a trading account #
MetaTrader Manager 5 allows manager to add a new account to an account group for which this manager has sufficient rights. The created accounts will have zero deposit which can be completed later. To create new accounts via MT5 Manager please use only „next” option in the “login” tab. Please don’t type your own login.
It is necessary to fill out personal data of the account in the appearing window:
- Group — the group to which the account belongs;
- Login — the account numer. To create new accounts via MT5 Manager please use only „next” option. Please don’t type your own login.;
- Name, Last name, Middle name — the owner’s name, last name and middle name;
- Company — Company’s name
- Email — emailing address;
- Phone — telephone number;
- Country — country;
- Zip-code — postal code;
- State — state (district, region, territory, etc.);
- City — city;
- Address — residence address of the account owner;
Passwords to access to the account must be given, as well:
- Master — the main password of the account;
- Investor — the investor password of the account to be used for account monitoring without permission to make transactions;
- Phone — password for the account owner identification when trades are made by phone.
Changing the password #
The Manager terminal allows you to control account security: passwords for connecting to the server. Security tab is used for that.
To change a password for a trading account you should click on „Clients & Orders” tab and choose „Trading Accounts”.
Then right click on the specific account and choose „Account Details”, after that go to tab „Securities”
From this tab, you can manage different account passwords.
Up to four types of passwords can be used for each account:
- Master password provides full access to an account including trading functions.
- Investor password provides access to an account without the ability to perform trades.
- Web API password is required if the account is used for authorization via the web client written using MetaTrader 5 Web API.
- Phone password is used to identify an account holder while performing trade operations over phone.
To check or change a Master, Investor or Web API password, type it in the Password field. Then click Change or Check depending on the required action. Password check results are shown in a separate window after clicking Check. They are also displayed in the Manager terminal journal.
To view a phone password, set the mouse cursor to Password field. To change it, specify a new one and click Update.
After choosing „Account Details” go to „Account” tab
How to make a deposit/withdrawal #
After connecting to the server you should open the Trading Accounts tab
and choose the account on which you want to make changes. You can search for a specific login numer in the bracket placed in the right top corner
After using search option or picking a certain account by double clicking it in the Trading Accounts tab, a window will pop up. We have to choose the Balance tab and than specify a type of operation. For making a simple deposit/withdrawal we choose “balance”.
You have to select the Trades window in top-left corner of the shown window and from here you can make a deposit or a withdrawal. Just click the Deposit/Withdrawal and a suitable window will show.
Can I open the trade in manager #
Opening a position or entering the market is the primary purchase or sale of a certain amount of a financial instrument. Managers are able to open positions on client accounts by placing market orders. Execution of this order results in a deal and position opening.
To open a position, open the client dialog and go to the Trade tab.
The left part of the window contains a tick chart of a selected symbol, while the right part contains the form for placing orders. Select a traded symbol and set Market Order in the Type field. Then, fill in the order parameters:
- Volume — volume of an order in lots. The greater the volume of a deal, the greater is its potential profit or loss, depending on where the symbol price will go. The deal volume also affects the margin reserved on the trading account for the position.
- Fill Policy — additional rules of order filling. Available fill types are determined by the symbol settings.
- At Price — price, at which the order will be placed. When you open the window, the current value of the buy price is set in this field. If the Auto option is enabled, then during execution of trade operations, current Bid and Ask prices will be automatically used (current Bid or Ask price when Sell or Buy button is clicked). If the option is disabled, the price can be set manually. When you click Update, the current Ask price is set in the price field.
- Stop Loss — level of stop loss. The level is set to limit the position loss. If you leave the zero value in this field, this type of order will not be attached.
- Take Profit — level of take profit. The level is set to lock in profits of the position. If you leave the zero value in this field, this type of order will not be attached.
- Comment — text comment to an order. Maximum length of a comment is 31 characters.
After setting all necessary parameters, click Sell or Buy. In this case, an order to open a short or long positions, respectively, is sent to the server.
Closing a position #
When you close a trade position, an operation opposite to the first one is performed. For example, if the first trade operation was buying one lot of GOLD, one lot of the same security should be sold to close the position.
Open the client dialog and select a position to be closed on the Overview tab. Then, click Close Position in its context menu. The window of position closing is similar to its opening, but in its lower part, an additional button Close … appears:
After clicking it, the position will be closed at a specified price, partially or completely, depending on the specified volume.
Finding an account #
After connecting to the server you should type the number of the account which interests you in the bracket which is placed in right corner of Manager
After pressing enter key a window will pop up
Checking History #
The Manager terminal allows you to view the full history of trading accounts. To do this, select an account and go to the History tab.
The account history can be viewed in various modes: deals, orders, deals and orders and positions. Use the context menu to switch between them. To view the history of trade operations, you should request it. To do this, select a time interval and click Request at the bottom of the window.
To open the operation details, click “View” or “Edit” (if you have enough permissions) in its context menu.
The following data is available on placed orders:
- Time — time of order placing. The record has the format of YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM (year.month.day hour:minute).
- Order — ticket number (unique identifier) of a trade operation.
- ID — order ID in an external trading system.
- Symbol — financial instrument of an order.
- Type — type of a trade operation: “Buy” — a long position, “Sell” — a short position, or names of “Sell Stop”, “Sell Limit”, “Buy Stop”, “Buy Limit”, “Buy Stop Limit” and “Sell Stop Limit” pending orders.
- Volume — volume requested in the order (in lots or units). Available values and volume change step are set in the trading symbol settings on the server.
- Price — price, a trade operation should be executed at, specified in an order;
- S/L — level of a placed Stop loss order. If the trade position was closed upon this order, this cell will be colored red, and record “[s/l]” will appear in the comment box. If this order was not placed, a zero value is recorded in this field.
- T/P — level of a placed Take profit order. If the trade position was closed upon this order, this cell will be colored green, and record “[t/p]” in the comment box will appear. If this order was not placed, a zero value is recorded in this field.
- State — result of the order placing: “Filled”, “Partial”, “Canceled” etc.
- Comment — comments to order are written here. Comments can be written only when placing or changing orders.
The lower line shows result of orders: total quantity, number of filled and canceled orders.
Any order can be opened for saving to a file or printing. To do this, double-click on its line. Only fields with available data are displayed when viewing.
The following data is available on deals:
- Time — time of a deal. The record has the format of YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM (year.month.day hour:minute).
- Deal — ticket number (unique identifier) of a deal.
- Order — ticket number (unique identifier) a deal was executed on. Several deals can correspond to one order, if the required volume specified in the order was not covered by one market offer.
- ID — ID of a deal in an external trading system.
- Symbol — financial instrument of a deal.
- Type — type of a trade operation: “Buy” — a buy deal, “Sell” — a sell deal. In some situations, a previously performed deal is canceled. In this case, the type of the previously performed deal is changed to “Canceled buy” or “Canceled sell”, and its profit/loss is reset to zero. Previously gained profit/loss is deposited/withdrawn from an account in a separate balance operation.
- Direction — direction of a deal relative to the current position on a particular symbol: “in”, “out” or “in/out”.
- Volume — volume of an executed deal (in lots or units).
- Price — price a deal was executed at.
- Commission — commission charged for a deal execution. The commission value is displayed in this field only in case of immediate commission charging after an execution of the deal. The commission may also be configured so that its value is accumulated within a day/month and is then withdrawn from the account by a single balance deal. In that case, its value is not displayed for each deal. The value accumulated during a day/month is displayed in the account status bar. The method of charging a commission is set for a client group in the Administrator terminal.
- Profit — financial result of exiting a position. For entry deals, zero profit is shown.
- Stop loss — the Stop Loss level. Stop Loss values for entry and reversal deals are set in accordance with the Stop Loss of orders, which initiated these deals. The Stop Loss values of appropriate positions as of the time of position closing are used for exit deals.
- Take profit — the Take Profit level. Take Profit values for entry and reversal deals are set in accordance with the Take Profit of orders, which initiated these deals. The Take Profit values of appropriate positions as of the time of position closing are used for exit deals.
- Swap — charged swap.
- Comment — deal comment. Additional information can be written in the Comment field. For example, a comment indicating an account for whose trades an agent receives the commission is automatically added to the agent commission deals.
- Reason — reasons for a deal execution:
- Client — deal performed by a client manually through the client terminal.
- Expert — deal performed by a client using an Expert Advisor.
- Dealer — deal performed by a dealer through the Manager terminal.
- Stop loss — deal performed as a result of a stop loss activation.
- Take profit — deal performed as a result of a take profit activation.
- Stop out — deal performed when a client reached a stop out level.
- Rollover — deal performed when reopening a position for charging swaps.
- External Client — deal performed by a client from an external trading system.
- Variation margin — deal performed for accruing variation margin.
- Gateway — deal performed by a MetaTrader 5 gateway that had connected to the trading platform.
- Signal — deal performed as a result of copying a trading signal according to a subscription in the client terminal.
- Settlement — deal performed as a result of performing operations connected with the settlement of a futures contract/option. It is currently not used.
- Transfer — deal performed as a result of relocating a position at a calculated price to a new symbol with the same underlying asset. It is currently not used.
- Synchronization — deal performed as a result of synchronization of an account’s trade status with an external system.
- External Service — deal performed from an external trading system for technical reasons (for example, to correct a trade status of a client).
- Mobile — deal conducted via the MetaTrader 5 mobile terminal for Android or iPhone.
- Web — deal conducted via the web terminal.
- Split — deal conducted as a result of a symbol split.
In the bottom line, the result of a deal execution relative to the initial deposit is shown:
- Profit — profit or loss relative to the initial deposit. For losses, the sign is shown in this field, for profit;
- Credit — amount credited by a brokerage company;
- Deposit — account deposit;
- Withdrawal — amount withdrawn from an account.
The balance value taking into account the displayed history is shown at the end of the row. It is calculated as the sum of results of the displayed deals, balance operations (deposit and withdrawal) and credit operations.
Any deal can be opened for saving to a file or printing. To do this, double-click on its line. Only fields with available data are displayed when viewing.
Orders and deals #
In this mode, orders and deals are displayed as a tree that shows how exactly trade requests were processed. For each order, all deals associated with it are shown.
The financial result of all deals is shown in the bottom line.
The platform collects data on deals related to a position (position opening, additional volume, partial and full closure), and then combines the data into one record providing the following details:
- Position opening and closing time determined by the first and last trade respectively
- Position volume. If a position was closed partially, the record contains the closed and initial volumes
- The weighted average open and close prices of a position
- The total financial result of deals related to a position
- Position Stop Loss and Take Profit determined by Stop Loss and Take profit values of the deals, which opened and closed the position
To display the trading history in the form of positions, the terminal uses information about deals executed during the requested period. Only the positions which were closed within this period will be shown in history. If the position is still open or its close time is beyond the selected interval, it will not be displayed in history. Therefore, the totals (profit and commission) in positions mode can differ from those in orders/deals history mode.
Connecting IB account to client account #
After connecting to the server and choosing „Account Details” go to „Account” tab
In the bracket called Agent account type the number of the IB account which you would like to connect to the chosen account.
Firstly of course we have to log-in to our MT5 Manager and in „Navigator” we should choose „Groups” When we click on Groups on the right window we should get the list of our available groups. After that to select particular group we just need to double click on the one we want to select.
It should show up a window like we have on the screenshot above. In red box we have three tabs available. The first one Margin give us opportunity to set up Margin call level and stop out level for our customers. It can be express in percentes or in money. We also have an option to compensate negative balance after stop out.
The second tab it’s all about securities groups and symbols.
We can add symbols and securities to our group and also configure them. The two most important things that we can configure there are spreads and swaps.
When we double click on one of securities group we will see window like above. In common tab we have possibility to set up spread difference. We just need uncheck „use default spread” and set up spread difference in points. Same thing is with swaps. You just need to uncheck „ use default swap settings” Then you can put values for long and short positions by yourself. Also you can choose Type of your swaps( points, percents or money) On the end you have possibility to set up day of week for a 3-days swaps.
Let’s go to the last tab Commission, where we are able to set up commission, agent commission for every instrument.
Firstly we need to click on Add. We will see window like below.
In that window we can set up Name of our commission, Description, choose Symbol to which we want to have that particular commission. In Range we have only one option Volume. When it comes to possibility of Charge we can select: Instant, Daily and Monthly. We have possibility to type Currency of our commssion.
Like we can see on the screenshot above when we click on Add, it give us possibility to configure our commission as we wish.
- Name — commission name.
- Description — commission description. This text description will be used as a comment in the commission transactions conducted on client accounts.
- Symbol — select the symbols, for which commission will be charged during trading operations. A standard symbol selection list will open upon a click on this field.
- Standard commission — this type of commission is charged by a broker for the clients’ trades.
- Agent commission — this type of commission is charged by the agents.
Commision level settings
Commission can be single-level or multilevel. In the Range box you can select commission type.
- Volume — commission levels are set based on the level (amount of lots) of each deal executed in a trading operation. For example, if you set levels as 0 — 10 and 12 — 20, a 15-lot deal will be subject to the second level commission
- Overturn Money — commission levels are set based on turnover in money over the period specified in the Charge field (day or month). For example, the levels are set as 0 — 500, 501 — 1000, and commission is charged on a monthly basis. The first-level commission will be charged until the total cost of the client’s operations exceeds 500 units. As soon as the money turnover exceeds the value of 500, all further trades will be subject to the second-level commission.
- Overturn Volume — commission levels are set based on the volume of trading operations (amount of lots) over the period specified in the Charge field (day or month).
- From — minimum deal volume (turnover), from which the commission will be charged
- To — maximum trade volume (turnover), from which the commission will be charged.
- Commission — commission amount.
- Minimal — the minimum amount of commission. If you do not want to limit the minimum commission amount, set the 0 value.
- Maximal — the maximum amount of commission. If you do not want to limit the maximum commission amount, set the 0 value.
- Mode — commission calculation units:
- Deposit currency — commission is calculated in the deposit currency specified for a group.
- Base currency — commission is calculated in the base currency of a traded symbol.
- Profit currency — commission is calculated in the profit currency of a traded symbol.
- Margin currency — commission is calculated in the margin requirements currency specified for a traded symbol.
- Points — commission is calculated in the points of a traded symbol’s price. The point value is calculated as a profit of a position in the same direction, with the volume of 1 lot and the difference between the open and close prices is equal to 1 pip (point).
- Percents — this calculation method allows charging commission in % of the actual cost of the deal/turnover.
- Specified currency — in this case, commission is calculated in the currency specified in the Currency field.
- Specified currency — in this case, commission is calculated in the currency specified in the Currency field.
- Type — commission charging type:
- Per trade — commission is charged for each conducted trade.
- Per volume — commission is charged per lot (volume) of executed trades. Only the executed volume of trade requests is taken into account.